Tuesday, February 9, 2010

good news for Sophie

Amazon couldn't fill my order for Quaker Fruit & Oatmeal bars so I had to go back to Sophie's favorite, Nutrigrain bars. I have strawberry and her favorite - cherry. Today was the first day for one. She was asleep on the bed as I snuck into my office clutching a strawberry one. As I opened the wrapper, I heard her hit the floor, and in she galloped, up on my desk and skidding to a stop as I tried to keep everything from flying off onto the floor. I gave her a piece. What choice did I have? Then, as she was eating it, I'm embarrassed to say that I shoved the rest of it into my mouth. Imagine my guilt as she looked up expectantly after she ate her miniscule piece. She checked the wrapper and then turned my hands over. Nothing. She tried to establish eye contact but I looked away. I couldn't even say "all gone" because my mouth was full. Very full. I had to wait for her to leave so I could finally chew and swallow before I choked to death. I wonder if Amazon will ever get any more Quaker F&O bars in.

No comments:

Post a Comment