Monday, September 27, 2010

Things are never simple.

Blinds. The one in my office is still hanging but I have to be careful to turn my head away when I have a sneezing fit. And, of course, there's Sophia and her sudden interest in the cord. It doesn't even matter that I hide it - she's hellbent on finding it, and her search makes the situation very precarious. Unless, of course, you don't mind re-hanging a blind every whipstich.

I decided I had to put up the one that's the right size but needs a different bracket. How hard can it be? I've watched a video and read the instructions over and over. I decided to practice in the kitchen because I bought one for there, too. I bought a combo battery-powered screwdriver and drill. Oh, all right, I do have a corded one in the storage area, but who wants to go through a bunch of boxes. I practiced putting the bracket on the blind. Over and over. I was ready. Took the curtain and the old blind down, removed the old brackets, figured out where I needed the new brackets. Got the first bracket up and started on the second one when my guardian angel told me I'd better check how the blind goes on the bracket again. Fortunately I listened and got off the stepstool. Sophia stayed on it. Sure enough, I put the first one up upside down. Holy moly. So I started over. The blind is finally up after only an hour and a half and buckets of sweat pouring off me. Midwest humidity is the pits. At least I don't have naturally curly hair that frizzes up.

Now I have to do the one in the office. After I rest for a month or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment