I decorated the little mini-tree and decided I needed the little candy cane ornaments that were my mother's. She got them from a resident living in the old folks home (I'm sure I won't be so flippant when it comes time for me to move into a senior center) where she worked. Back to the storage area. Unfortunately, it turns out that they were in the Rubbermaid tub that disappeared during the move, along with her other Christmas ornaments that I had handpicked from the other junk I threw away and really wanted to keep.
I doubt they've made that particular kind of candy cane for the last hundred years or so. I went online and googled and couldn't find anything - except a Martha Stewart how-to article. Lo and behold, I had red and white pipe cleaners so I made little candy canes and hung them on the tree. I am just toooooooooo craftsy for words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment