I comb Sophie a lot. She likes it, and as a matter of fact, she comes running when I open the drawer to get the comb and brush out. It's a long process, and I keep going until she's had enough. Then I gather up the bushel of hair I've combed out and dispose of it.
Molly doesn't really have any interest in it, and I don't push because she has "the good hair" of the sisters. She doesn't mat and doesn't get hairballs, so it's not a big deal.
Yesterday I got the comb out, Sophie was in place, and the combing began. Then I heard Molly jump down off the bed, and she came stomping into the room and over to me, crowding Sophie out of the way. She wanted combed. I hope it doesn't happen often - Sophie and I might have to become closet combers. It seems that in Molly's mind there's a correct way to do it, and I'm not very good at it. The expression on her face looked like, "Do you see this balled-up fist and piercing glare on my face? Now, you better do it the way I want it done." So I muddled through under her direction. She finally left, Sophie and I rolled our eyes at each other, and I combed Sophie.
Boy, that MollyAnn is bossy. Just ask Sophie and me.
Edit: I have a big ugly burn on my wrist. Molly noticed it last night and wanted to examine it. I kept moving my hand away until I finally got "the look" while she was trying to position my wrist. I wish I could get a picture of her expression. Everyone would know why it strikes fear in our hearts. Oh, she got to get a good look at the burn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment