Thursday, November 12, 2009

Christmas might be canceled (at least the decorating part)


I bought a battery-powered prelit wreath for my front door and some silk flowers to put on it and decided to work on it this afternoon. What fun that was (for two of us). The girlies were wild. Very, very wild. The 3-year-olds who everyone promises me are going to settle down any minute. Fortunately the rocker didn't go through the wall, the cat tree didn't topple over, and the curtain rod is still on the wall with curtains hanging from it.

I still have weeks to decide, but do I really want to drag in the tree and decorations? I don't think so. I was still finding ornaments under furniture in July from last year. I'm having flashbacks to last Christmas when I thought someone ate part of a glass ornament and, of course, redecorating the tree every day. I did see a Charlie Brown tree that's just a few branches with one ornament. I suppose though that that one ornament would be boinging up and down during the entire Christmas season, when it isn't rolling across the floor. Although now that I think about it, that's what my tree looked like at the end of Christmas last year so I don't really need to buy one.

Other people with cats decorate for the holidays. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment