Thursday, November 26, 2009

Discerning Cats

Who knew cats were so discerning. First, there's the breakfast bar thing. I always ate fruit and oatmeal bars, and Sophie loved them, especially the cherry, to the point of trying to grab them out of my hand. Then they weren't available so I had to switch to Nutri-Grain bars, and it was traumatic for both of us, but we adjusted. Recently I discovered that fruit and oatmeal ones were available again, and Sophie isn't happy about it. She much prefers Nutri-Grain, and when I have to buy them instead, she's ecstatic, back to the crazed, grabbing, I've-got-to-have-some routine. I buy strawberry instead of cherry to keep her mania at a more controllable level.

Molly, however, is not so discerning about breakfast bars; she finds the wrappers for both equally delicious. With plastic, however, she really has preferences. Number one on her list is the plastic air-filled packing material, with tape and Press&Seal wrap close seconds. Band-Aids are good, too. My life is now devoted to disposing of them in a way that she can't have a midnight snack. She's developing a real skill of reaching deep into a waste basket and snaring them so I might have to get a garbage can with a chained, locked lid like people use to keep raccoons out. No problem - it'll go well with my Traditional Cat decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment