Today I drove 40 miles for cat food. I also bought a little bag of plastic balls with rattly things in them and some Petromalt. Since I have a cat whose second favorite thing to eat (after cherry breakfast bars) is clumps of cat hair and dryer fuzz, I decided I'm going to have to do something for the hairballs.
No interest in the balls, of course. Next I tackled the Petromalt. My two previous cats loved it. Not these two. I finally grabbed Sophie and shoved it in her mouth. She bucked and twisted and turned. and Molly came running and was immediately hysterical, trying to figure out what was wrong and what Sophie had in her mouth and around her mouth and in her ruff. I offered some to Molly, who sniffed it carefully for about 15 minutes before she said no thank you. So I grabbed her and put some in her mouth, too. She wasn't a big fan of that.
So, they have finally gotten it all licked off. Sophie is much more forgiving (distracted by the amusement of watching me crawl around the floor feeling for the pill she had knocked out of my hand) and is over it, but Molly is still rather miffed and is sitting across the room glaring at me. I think I should put the tube away very carefully tonight so I don't wake up with a mouth full of Petromalt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I used to put it on the top of their front paws. They must lick it off ... it drives them CRAZY on the foot.
ReplyDelete