I've been working on my deck and planted some more pots yesterday. I admired it before I went to bed last night. One of my rose bushes had a lot of new growth and was forming buds.
This morning I opened the blinds, and my deck was a disaster. Dirt and mulch everywhere. Plants pulled up. I kept looking at my rose bush, and it didn't look quite right but I couldn't figure out what was different about it. Even a partial bag of dirt was opened and dirt out everywhere. I had to clean it all up.
Later when I looked out again I realized what was different with the rose bush. All the new growth and forming buds had been eaten. Holy moly. Would Barbara Louise stand up on her hindlegs and eat my roses? I don't know. But who else would do it?
Tonight I put a head of romaine on top of one of the pots. Maybe that will work. Or not. I have a feeling I'm going to have to clean up another mess in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like Barbara Louise needs a pen. (*o~)
ReplyDelete