The girlies eat off paper plates. Dixie paper plates. I get them at the dollar store although they cost five dollars for a big stack. I eat off paper plates, too, except the bigger ones. For different reasons though. I hate washing dishes, so that's why I use them. If they had paper pans, I'd use them, too.
The girlies' plates are a different story. I live in fear that I'm going to touch cat food. One night I opened a can and a piece of it flew up onto my lip. I scrubbed my face for hours. I'm also not going to wash cat food dishes and get cat food in the sink or on a sponge or a dish cloth. If they come near me after they've eaten, I'm very careful not to let their lips touch me.
Enter catastrophe. I forgot I used the last one last night. And I've been using theirs because I've been out for a few days. So I peered into the cabinet, looking for something I could put it on. Nothing except my dishes so that was out. Then I had the bright idea to use a plastic storage container. I could throw it out. I put the cat food in it, and they both circled it. Sophie finally had enough nerve to check it out very cautiously, but Molly said, oh, no, no way am I going near that. Back to the cabinet, where I found an old glass pie pan of my mother's. I got a plastic spoon and scooped the food onto it. Molly did sniff from a few inches away. Sophie finally decided if she was going to eat it was going to have to be from a very weird receptacle.
Molly is now pacing around. It's going to be a very long night. Not to mention that I'm going to have to scrape cat food off the pie plate and wash it. Or, sorry Mom, throw the whole thing away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment