Thursday, March 26, 2009

who needs sleep?

What a lovely night we had. It was my night to sleep on the couch with Sophie (I alternate because they can't share the bed). Since the couch is on a different wall, I had to lie with my head on the opposite end to see the TV comfortably. Sophie always sleeps behind my knees, and it just wasn't working for her (me either for that matter). After about 15 minutes of her trying to get comfortable, she decided since she couldn't sleep she might as well get up and do something. So she ripped and ran and climbed the cat tree (which is on a different wall, too) so hard she made a stand with metal wheels vibrate which is now on the same wall. I whiled away my time trying to decide what the skylight was going to drip on. Finally at 4 a.m. I staggered into the bedroom and went to real bed, counting on my fingers how many hours I had left to sleep and Molly smiling smugly. I don't know what Sophie did - I was beyond caring.

1 comment:

  1. If you decide to start sleeping only in the bed you can learn the joys of territorial fighting over you-literally-while you are sleeping. They might even decide to divide up the bed-and you and allow you a few inches-half hanging off the bed. You get used to it, really, lol.

    ReplyDelete