Thursday, April 2, 2009

random thoughts

I've been here a year and sometimes wonder what I'm doing here. Tonight I had to creep along behind a combine going down the main street. But for some reason the train whistle is very comforting, and this ant-infested, skylight-dripping apartment is my favorite of all my living places. I think because it's the only place that's been all mine.

Marble-sized hail pounding on skylights is scarier than lightning, although when it starts to lightning after the hail that's scary, too. I fixed the dripping on my coffee table though - I moved the coffee table. I don't know what it's dripping on now.

There's a dump that has really good pizza. The crust is really really good, and I thought they made it. Tonight when I was waiting, I saw a box that said "Angie's frozen dough." Such disillusionment. They also tape a "newsletter" full of right-wing drivel onto the pizza box. I try not to read it so my pizza will digest.

There's a new billboard that says, "T.A.R.P. funds - we don't need them and we don't want them" advertising for a local bank. First Citizen's, a little rural bank, is having delusions of grandeur, I guess.

People in small towns greet you like you're a long lost friend - even though they've never seen you in their lives. It's very tiresome.

Starting your real job work week on Thursdays causes you never to know what day it is.

1 comment:

  1. I get confused all the time...oh, you said as to day, opps...

    ReplyDelete