Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I can't think of a title for this. Sad, maybe. Seeing things that only I see, maybe.

There's a miniature golf place here that has animal replicas for some reason I haven't figured out. A real-looking alligator under a table startled me one night when I went in to pick up a pizza. A giraffe, a tiger, and an African elephant. The elephant was actually a very good replica. Standing out in a field, looking very majestic. I actually liked glancing over at her when I would drive past.

Tonight I drove past, and she had graffiti all over her. She looked like a circus elephant. I actually looked at her again when I drove past on my way home because she didn't look like the same elephant. She wasn't "standing tall" anymore. My imagination I suppose. But it makes me think that humans can steal the dignity from even fake elephants.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about what was done to that elephant. Sure shows how much seeing the elephants in the zoo teaches folks to love and respect them, doesn't it?

    The pictures here are making me sad today.

    ReplyDelete