Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Katie and the snake

Katie is still living on the patio. She goes into the apartment sometimes but doesn't want to stay. Hopefully when it gets cold she'll want to stay in.

Today I saw my neighbor coming up to my window, holding a long piece of wood with a snake draped over it. A dead snake that had been bludgeoned. She had looked out to see what Katie was doing, and she was playing with a live snake. It seems that the snake had coiled and made a motion at Katie's face. Out came the security stick from the patio door, and the poor snake was killed.

She wanted me to see the snake and tell her whether it was poisonous or not. Ha. I know nothing about snakes. It was kinda blond underneath with stripes vertically down its body. I googled it, and it might be a garter snake. Katie, of course, had followed my neighbor, and I looked at her and didn't see any punctures on her face. She was rolling around, happy as a lark, as usual. The lastest report this evening was that she was curled up in her plastic house, sleeping away.

R.I.P., poor little snake. You had a very pretty little face.

No comments:

Post a Comment