Thursday, September 3, 2009
OML
Two of the bulbs have burned out already. Now I have to get the stepstool and the girlies and do it again. I googled what makes bulbs burn out fast, and one article said there's a little tab thingy that's supposed to be tilted at a 20-degree angle. But not to stick your finger in the socket to check it. Sure glad I read that part. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Have you tried using compact fluorescent bulbs? They'd last longer, run cooler(good for the AC) and save electricity. If the bulbs are too high wattage for the fixture, the heat build up could shorten their life. CFLs only use 1/4 the power. Also, are the bulbs in your light sitting with the base up or down? Some bulbs aren't meant to be used base up.
ReplyDeleteIt's a ceiling fixture that uses only 25-watt little round bulbs. Other sizes won't fit because of the globe. According to the article I read, I'm sure I screw them in too tight, and that's what causes them to burn out faster because of that little tab thingy.
ReplyDeleteI hate CFLs. I had them in my living room lamps and needed a damn flashlight to read. :)