Wednesday, December 16, 2009

the tree is up - for now

I really wanted a new pre-lit tree this year but couldn't find one I really liked. Instead I bought new lights, which I really did like. Until WE put them on the tree. After WE assembled the tree. They're too bright and too big for my spindly little tree. I hate them. Ornaments just sort of fade into the background, and all I see is lights when I look at the tree. And I need sunglasses to look at it.

I bought shatterproof ornaments and put them on with pipe cleaners. I'm just too clever for words. Oh, wait. Sophie can't bat them off the tree so she's taking them in her mouth and pulling. I wonder how long it will take for the whole ugly tree to be pulled over. I hope it's in the middle of the night. I love being awakened by strange noises.

There's also the matter of those little bags with the extra lights. Sophie got one and put it in the track ball to run it over with the ball, and Molly grabbed it out and went galloping away with it - top speed - and I haven't seen it since. I'm comforted by the fact that she won't eat the lights or the fuse. I don't think. Probably not.




No comments:

Post a Comment