Wednesday, December 15, 2010

persnickety,

There's a shortage of the girlies' regular dry food, as in none available. Oh, my. I don't think the manufacturers have cats - if they did, they would realize what it's like to live with cats who bug you to death because they don't approve of any substitute you try.

After doing research and reading reviews (90% of which gushed about how their cats gobbled it up), I ordered Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul. It came today, a 6 pound bag. Sophie tested several pieces and spit them all out. Molly at least ate a couple of pieces before stomping away.

It does have a purpose, though not the intended one. They're little four-pronged pieces - perfect for batting around the apartment. They even spin sometimes. And the bonus is that they're a tad too big to go down the floor registers. Well, a bonus for me and a disappointment for the girlies, who it seems intend to keep trying.

Maybe I'll have to develop the philosophy that so many people have - if they get hungry enough, they'll eat it. :) In the meanwhile, I have furniture to move and sweeping to do. Oh, and there's Sophie trying to get in the bag to get more toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment