Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sense & Spray

I bought a Sense, Spray and Terrify yesterday, apple cinnamon, one of the few scents I can tolerate. I put it on the stand in the entryway and have to walk past it to go into the kitchen. Last night, I was considering taking it back because it didn't seem to work right.

This morning when I went into the kitchen to feed the girlies, they were both following me. All of a sudden there was a big commotion, and girlies were flying back into the living room, tripping over each other in their haste to retreat. I had forgotten about the Sense & Spray and hadn't heard the whirring sound it makes when it's activated. The girlies apparently did. Now they won't go into the kitchen and are both lying a few feet from the stand, staring up at it and trying to figure out what monster is up there. I had to bring food into the living room for Sophie, and Molly finally went into my office to have a few bites of her picnic before she came back out to continue the watch. To make matters worse, ice is breaking and falling off the roof, making more noise for girlies who are already on edge.

This is a first. My fearless girlies are afraid of something. A little noise that's barely audible. Hmmm. I suppose my choices are to remove it or to let them get used to it. Or maybe I don't have a choice if I want them ever to go into the kitchen again. Oh, okay, I'm going to move it.

Edit: There is another way into the kitchen. Bar stool, bar, sink, walk along the kitchen counter, jump down, voila, you're in the kitchen.

Another edit: This is the third time - they were afraid of their new fountain and the stainless steel bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment