“Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.” ~Flavia Weedn
I have thought often of those words when I think of Dorothy. She has been a part of my life for many years and has served as a friend, mentor, and even surrogate mother to me. She no longer has a physical presence on earth, but her spirit will live on in me and so many others whose lives she entered.
My hope is that all the tenets she so strongly believed in are coming true for her, that she will be reunited with the loved ones who made their transition before her, that all the cats that she loved so much were indeed waiting for her, and that she will greet Felix and Baby when their time comes.
I miss her and will keep my promise to her to always keep the memories of our time together in my mind and heart. Namaste, Dorothy.

No comments:
Post a Comment