First half-hour break at 2, so I decided to feed them an unscheduled can of food so they would go to sleep and not bug me anymore. It worked until 6, and here came Molly, with half an hour to go until the next break. First she got on my lap and stretched out with her back on my keyboard and her feet on me, kneading away, pricking me every little bit to make sure she had my attention. I had to annoy her by hugging her and trying to change her position so she would go stomping off. Works every time. She came right back though so I moved the keyboard on other section of the desk so she could lie there. All while propping the receiver on my shoulder. That lasted about 30 seconds. She jumped down and got on the stand, and I thought she was going to look out the window. Wrong. She could look directly into the wastebasket, so she amused herself by reaching into it and trying to pull treasures out. Just out of my reach, much to her delight as I kept trying to grab things from her. When she was bored with that, she got down and started working on getting the closet door open and succeeded. She found some cellophane on a package on the shelf so was working on that. If I stretched the phone cord out as far as I could, I could barely reach her to pull her out and close the door and put something against it. Back up on the desk. Oh, look at all these pens and things in the pencil holder, I'll just pull some of those out. You don't really need all these papers spread out, do you, I'll just put them on the floor for you. I've never been so glad to see 6:30 in my life.
It's a good thing I've used the program before - I'd need a remedial course. Molly's asleep now.

No comments:
Post a Comment