Tuesday, April 26, 2011
bull in a china shop
Sophie had one of those "bull-in-a-china-shop" afternoons. I don't know if they were more manageable when she was a baby or not. Maybe when she was tiny she didn't displace so many things when she came skidding across my desk. I spent the afternoon grabbing for things and picking up things I wasn't quick enough to grab. Sometimes when she comes running full speed and up onto my desk, she has the courtesy to lean over to see what she knocked off. Most of the time, she just flops down hard enough to make herself squeak, a look of pride and satisfaction on her face. Then she notices that my lap is empty, requiring her to walk over the keyboard, in front of the monitor and around onto my lap, requiring me to go into headset-protection mode. When she's bored with that, she's off and running again, only to repeat it all again within minutes. Sometimes I think she doesn't understand what I mean when I say "I'm going to work now."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment