Thursday, April 7, 2011

once again

I have contributed to delinquency. I remember saying once that all my animals have always been out of control, thinking it was really just a coincidence that I somehow ended up with them, but then someone asked what was the common denominator. Whoops. That would be me.

Molly doesn't like to eat dry food with Sophie. She wants her own, so I started with the picnics on the corner of my desk and then a bowl with a second kind of dry on the floor next to my chair. It worked perfectly for a while. Sophie would eat in the kitchen, and Molly would have her picnic. Until recently when Sophie finally caught on and did the "oh, I didn't know we were eating in here" routine and has joined Molly, who now has no place to eat. Could I say to myself, oh, well, she'll eat when she gets hungry? Oh, no, I discovered that Molly likes me to sneak food to her in the living room next to me as I sit on the couch. That lasted a couple of days until Sophie came waddling into the living room after eating Molly's picnic and discovered yet another new arrangement. Oh, my, I really must stop catering to them. Free spirits are one thing - dictatorships another.

No comments:

Post a Comment