Sunday, February 4, 2018

4th of July weekend to infinity

The feeding and plotting and planning began.  I started setting an alarm to go out and feed in the morning and began to call people who I thought might take a farm cat or two.  The feeding was successful with little faces showing up like clockwork, but the calling was fruitless.  One woman told me they had so many cats they were getting ready to shoot them, and I had to take time to give her the spaying/neutering lecture, all to no avail.  I was beginning to realize that I was going to have to do TNR, and the plotting really began.  Did I forget to say that Cassandra was pregnant again?

First were checkups and shots.  Hmmm.  I could touch one and almost a second one.  I put carriers on the deck so they could get used to them.  I sat outside while they ate and talked to them.  Finally I was ready to try to catch four very fast little kittens.   I took three that day while one mocked me from a distance. 

Next was spaying and neutering.  They were welfare patients so I made an appointment at the clinic and began to fret about getting them there on the same day.  I began to dream about catching cats.  Finally the day came, and I had three in carriers with one missing.   Off I went to deliver those three and make sure two got their remaining shots and one got her first shots, and finally left them there in cages, the vision of one having to be netted still in my mind.  I got home and there was the fourth one and I scooped her up.  There was a train coming, but I still got her there in time.  I came home and collapsed.  Cassandra disappeared that day, looking like she was going to pop any minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment