Saturday, May 30, 2009

directions

Why can't there be words instead of pictures? I can't do it with just pictures.

I removed the vinyl cover from the box and unfolded it. No problem.

The grill stand should have been easy. Ha. Fourteen pages of warnings in 13 different languages. Then two pages of pictures with arrows and dotted lines. Oh, and hands showing it being done. Took me an hour to figure it out, and all I had to do was pull it up and put this here and that there. Except there is that velcro strap hanging down. I wonder what's up with that.

Then the grill came. Three little pictures and a bunch of words telling me if I do it wrong I can cause an explosion, fire, serious injury, or death. How intimidating is that? I'm afraid to try.

If I should be clever enough to put the grill together, I then have to attach it to the stand. More pictures and arrows. I don't have a clue. Of course, once it's on the stand, I have more pages of warnings to follow. If I smell gas or hear hissing, I'm supposed to run for cover and call the fire department. I'm not supposed to check for leaks with a match. Well, duhhhhh.

I think Burger King charbroils stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Well that's terrifying. Did you check Youtube for a video? They seem to have videos on everything else...

    ReplyDelete