I'm not going to be an animal lover. I'm going to drive past dumpsters and not even look to see if there are poor skinny cats foraging. I'm not going to think a whit about how to put food out without attracting rodents. I'll be one of the people who chase them away. Dogs chained in yards without shelter won't bother me. Who wants all that hair in their houses? Working dogs? I'm sure they love their jobs. I'll enjoy horse races and not consider the whips and the lathering and the broken legs. Ankus will be a word I'm not familiar with, and I won't even know about elephant feet that ache and blow out. When the ASCPA commercials come on, I'll just change the channel. If polar bears are losing their habitats, oh, well. I won't worry about wildlife being displaced by strip malls and apartment complexes.
I'm going to be one of those people who breezes through life without a care in the world. Starving people won't bother me. It's no doubt their own fault. Maybe I'll be an ageist, sexist racist. In my next life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I hope I don't know you in your next life...
ReplyDeleteI like to think we improve in each life. You'll probably be more caring. Or maybe you'll have a career where you can make an active difference.
ReplyDelete