Yesterday I was in the waiting room with two very stressed cats in carriers. A woman came out of an exam room with a small terrier-type dog and let him run right up to the carriers. She did eventually pull him away (maybe she noticed that I was almost laying across the carriers to shield them from the sight) but let him continue to bark at them. I exercised great restraint and kept my mouth shut because she was elderly and apparently the dog had just been adopted by her. Maybe she doesn't know that cats trapped in carriers are not amused by dogs terrorizing them.
I have come to the conclusion that there are many ignorant pet guardians. Perhaps they classify as pet owners. Over the years, people have let their children and dogs run up to mine. They don't know whether my dog is sick or not. I don't know if their dog is sick. They don't know whether my dog is going to snap a kid's face off or not. When I picked a very weak Teddy up after an extended hospitalization, a German shepherd was also at the desk, and he was allowed to jump up (I was holding Teddy) to try to get to him. The woman said nothing. I turned my back, and as I turned he went between my legs, and I nearly rode him through the waiting room. The woman still said nothing, and I had to ask her to please control him (yeah, I know, that's pretty funny).
Yesterday after I finished mopping up my face and came back to the waiting room, the carriers were already there waiting for me (maybe they were anxious to see us get out of there), and here came the office cat, headed right for the carriers. The receptionist saw him and shooed him away. (He has no tail. His name is Stumpy.) She at least has a little common sense. Apparently not many people do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment