Saturday, August 7, 2010

Daddy Long Legs

I keep finding a daddy long legs in my bathroom. I let him stay there for awhile and then I captured him and put him outside. He came back. I wondered if it's the same one so I was trying to figure out a way to tag him. Today I was showering and didn't see him on the side of the bathtub until he was trying to scramble away from the water. I hurried and got dressed and captured him, which was no problem because he was, well, dead. Or so I thought. I put him on the deck in the sunshine to let him dry out, and when I looked later, he was gone. I'm going to pretend he recovered. Maybe he'll be back tomorrow.

The spider thingy hanging around my patio curtain is another story though. He has made a fool out of me several times, and I'm sure the girlies are nudging each other and snickering. I see him, and I get the stepstool and a paper towel. He's one of those bugs who looks like a spider with a spider body but big pinchers and can jump. Every time I think I have him, he jumps away and then disappears for days. All I want to do is put him outside so he's missing a real opportunity.

The ants, however, have not been so fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment