Tuesday, August 10, 2010

keyboard

I started working and almost immediately had a word with a z in it, and no matter how hard I pounded the key, nothing happened. Finally I got one z. I have no backup keyboard because when Sophie knocked the glass of milk out of my hand and it spilled into the keyboard I used my backup and never replaced it. Well, I said to myself, how many words can there be with z's. Started typing again, and there was one. Size. And I realized that I type that word a lot. And now I see realized has a z. So I decided I would have to do something, and I popped the z key off the keyboard. Cat hair. A lot of cat hair. Imagine that. Could it possibly be from cats draping themselves across my lap as I work? Or maybe strolling across the keyboard if I'm not responding to their other demands for attention? I cleaned enough hair out of it to stuff a pillow. Now I can type all the zzzzzzzzzzzzzz's I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment