Wednesday, August 4, 2010

fun and games

The poor girlies, of course, have no toys, so they have to make up games.

Molly's is "stalk the dry food in the bowl." She sneaks up to it very quietly, does the old body wiggle, pounces on it, grabs a piece in her mouth and runs with it. When she has finally found a safe place to examine her prey, she toys with it and then kills it and eats it. Over and over. I figure it's good exercise for both of us (me because I have to sweep up all the escapees on the kitchen floor).

Sophie's new game really gets her adrenaline flowing. As soon as I get the sweeper out, she runs, usually behind the sofa. As I sweep, she runs out and past the sweeper, as close as she can get, and then runs into another room. She peeks around and repeats her streak in front of it as it's moving. Sometimes she has enough nerve to pause and swat at it. She's very brave. :)

Just think about the decline the cat toy market would suffer if cats were left to their own devices. Oh, I moved furniture around to sweep today and found another one of those cam lock covers under the coffee table. I gave up on having them cover the screws anyway - I just pretend they aren't supposed to be there.

3 comments:

  1. You ought to get a ROOMBA. HOURS of laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roombas have always appealed to the lazy sloth in me. What could be better than lying on the sofa watching something sweep? Oh, I know, watching a cat riding it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny, I've read how terrorized cats are of it and mine stalk the thing from behind. I can see your girls watching it. I enjoy owning one it just does its thing while I do mine.

    ReplyDelete