Monday, August 16, 2010
mistaken identity
I've always been of the opinion that someone's name dictates behavior. (One person who shall remain nameless didn't heed my advice and found out that I was, indeed, right.) Sophie and I were watching one of our soaps the other day, and there's a new character whose name is Sophia (although she spells it Sofia, which is really tacky). Then I had an epiphany. No wonder Sophie has been a hellion. What could I expect with the name Sophie. So, from now on, she will be known as Sophia, and she will stop trying to turn over the furniture and taking screws out of things and eating dryer lint every chance she gets. Hmmm. It might not work immediately, since she seems to be racing around the house right now, chasing a miller that I just let in when I went out to feed Reggie. I better explain it to her again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment