Studies have shown that people with dogs and cats have lower blood pressure and heart rates and are much calmer. Hmmmm. B&R and I were not included in the study.
Tonight I prepared to work, dialed the number, and put the headset in my ears. Nothing. I checked the headset and it looked okay, but I still tried another. A new one that I had bought as a spare after last week's debacle. Nothing. I started pushing buttons, as I checked the clock to see how late I was going to be this time. As I sat contemplating the situation, I remembered that someone had gone flying over my desk this afternoon, requiring me to grab for the transcriber before it landed on the floor. I turned it over, and, sure enough, the power cord had been disengaged, and I had to get on the floor and trace cords to find the correct one to plug back in. It became much easier though when I glanced away and saw it in the hallway. I think the fact that I got a dial tone and lights were lit without a power cord will have to be stored in the don't-worry-your-pretty-little-head category.
I would like to meet the people who participated in the studies. And meet their cats and dogs. They all must be on drugs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment