I named HIM that because I so didn't want HIM to be so skinny because HE's nursing kittens. Unfortunately, Richard T. Stripes is a very skinny girl who has a litter of kittens somewhere. My neighbor has seen them and tried to catch one but couldn't. I suppose to replace the cat she traded away.
I've only seen him - I mean her -three times, spaced over a period of a couple of weeks. So, so skinny. Take your breath away skinny. She's always in front so I don't know if she's getting any of the food I put in the back. I tried putting food by the dumpster, where I know several cats eat, but my landlord keeps throwing it away, dish and all, so I've been cooking extra and putting it in a bag on top of the dumpster, hoping they'll smell it and know which bag the goodies are in.
I swore I wasn't going to do it, but I've been adding a can of food to the dry food I put in the back under the fir trees. I know Bernard Scott is eating, and I hope Richard T. Stripes is getting some of it, too. For her and her kittens. It's cold here. I think about my Batsel and Ratsel being out in the cold almost four years ago, with a mother who probably was just as skinny, trying to care for them and their brothers and sisters. I don't think this litter will be as fortunate as B&R and their famiy though. It breaks my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment