I don't like shoes. I'd prefer to go barefoot all the time, but climate doesn't permit that. I know people who have zillions of shoes. A friend told me yesterday that he took 15 pairs to the thrift shop. I don't think I even have 15 pairs.
I do like Birkenstocks but am really too cheap to pay that much for shoes. I have Birkenstock sandal wannabes that I got as a gift. I wear them all summer. I decided to splurge and buy their Boston clogs this fall and ordered them. They're very comfortable except for the guilt over paying that much for shoes.
Yesterday I wore them when I went to "the city." I try to put out of my mind the fact that they make my big feet look like I have on clown shoes. They get around a corner before I do.
My vow is to take very good care of them. I came home yesterday and took them off and called a friend to tell him I was home safely. As I was talking, Molly caught my attention. There she was, clutching one of my shoes close to her, kicking it with her hindlegs. There are now scratch marks on the top of it. Holy moly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You mean Holy Molly, right?
ReplyDeleteSo enjoyed the tech section.
Maybe not the holy so much. :)
ReplyDelete