Wednesday, August 5, 2009

enrichment

The girlies have toys. Sophie plays with her trackball every night at 3:00 a.m. Other than that, they don't really play much with them. I stack them up in a neat little pile when I sweep, and the next time I look they're scattered again.

Yesterday, though, I spilled small pasta shells when I was emptying the bag into the cannister. I thought I had cleaned them all up, but, of course, they found one. What joy that little pasta shell has brought them. Batting it, carrying it, putting it on the TV stand shelf and then diving for it, knocking things off and, on a happy note, dusting the shelf for me. Hours of fun. For all of us.

1 comment:

  1. That's great! How funny! I try to hide the ex-favorite toys for a few months and then bring them out and they seem to find them interesting again.

    ReplyDelete