Wednesday, August 12, 2009

hmmmm

Today my niece, a self-described "cat person," and I were discussing cat behavior. I wondered whether all cats (and dogs, for that matter) check someone's breath to see what they're eating. I don't believe I've ever had a dog or a cat who didn't do that. I honestly thought it was common behavior. Then I asked if her cats use their paws to turn her hand over to see what she's holding. Again, common behavior here. She thinks I trained them all to do that. Well, I'm the one who doesn't train, unless you count Sophie and the Reddi-Whip and the clapping during a baseball game, both of which have been rousing failures.

Perhaps I shouldn't mentor cats and dogs. Or maybe, just maybe, if I set my mind to it I could train them to do things they should or shouldn't do. Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment