Monday, January 11, 2010

3 a.m.

Every night. I go to bed, and just as I'm dozing off the strange noises begin. Last night there was banging that sounded like it was coming from the kitchen. I usually lie there for a few minutes, trying to figure out the source before deciding if it warrants getting up. Last night I had to get up because it was LOUD banging, and there was Molly once again working on getting a cabinet door open. I don't suppose she'll ever realize that her paw isn't strong enough for these particular cabinet doors because they close themselves when they're within inches. She must have fond memories of previous cabinets that she could open at will.

After the noises comes the galloping. I've told them that it's unlucky to rock a rocker with no one in it, but they pay no heed. The rocker/glider can move across the floor a foot or so from its use as a launching pad to the cat tree. The cat tree somehow has never tipped over, although I did move it from in front of the patio door because I had visions of it crashing through the glass. If I'm really lucky, I get to participate in the gallop game as they race across the bed.

Then they start with the trackball. Around and around. I can usually go to sleep during that. In fact, I prefer to be awake when it starts so I don't wake up and sit up in bed thinking a truck is going through the living room.

Finally they settle down. Except for the nightly walking on me and the kneading and purring.

I'm sleep-deprived!

No comments:

Post a Comment