Sunday, January 24, 2010

waterers

Today I was considering how much money I've wasted on watering devices, when, in fact, dogs are just as happy drinking out of the toilet and cats are okay with old margarine containers.

I used to have to fill Teddy and Toby's BIG bowl a couple of times a day so I bought one of the dishes with the reservoir on top. Three gallons of water. I was set. Then Teddy went up to it and drank a lap or two, and it gurgled. He didn't stop running, looking over his shoulder, until he got to the living room. Happy talk time. So he came tipping back into the kitchen, eyed it, walked closer, reached out to touch it with a paw. Seemed fine, so he took another drink, and it gurgled again. It was very traumatic. Toby wasn't terrified, but he did suggest he'd just use the big white bowl in the bathroom.

I let it go on for a whole day until I realized there was a good chance we'd have to go back to the animal behaviorist. One of the dog recipients across the street didn't like it either.

Oh, well. Now I'm looking for a home for a Drinkwell fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment