Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Fountain

And to quote the girlies, "WTH?" They sniffed it when I took it out of the box. Then I filled it up and plugged it in. Sophie ran very fast to another room. Molly arched her back and walked stiff-legged backwards out of the room. We have gotten to the point that they walk past it, keeping an eye on it just in case it reaches for one of them. Hmmm. They're not usually afraid of anything. I wonder how long I should give them to have the nerve to take a drink from it. Considering the fact that the trickling water is driving me nuts, maybe not too long.


UPDATE: It's all coming back to me. You buy something that you think is really good, and they want nothing to do with it. Plus, as soon as you get up in the morning, you hear the humming of the motor and realize that was a problem before. It's worse than the trickling. The previous one I had worked out fine though because Teddy took it over and Molly didn't dip her nasty little paws in his drinking water.

Sophie has gotten really close to it and peered into the water. Molly is totally avoiding it. Their poor little lips are so parched.

Holy moly, I even bought the extra reservoir to go with it. And extra filters.

I should probably add a disclaimer before the Humane Society shows up. They have water in two other rooms. It's just that they prefer to drink in this one. Maybe I'll uplug it and they'll start to drink from it and then I can turn it back on. Or not.

2 comments:

  1. The girlies are acting like Pepper does. I bought some yellow baby carrots on a whim. When I gave him one, he backed away and looked at me like, "That is just wrong, Mom." Sadly, he was right. They don't taste as good as the orange ones.

    Maybe you could just teach them to turn the tap on and off. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine didn't even react. They are still ignoring it. I turned it off and waited and they ignored it too. They just do not like it. But it sits there, in the corner, waiting for them to notice it. Maybe I should change the water?

    ReplyDelete