Tuesday, January 26, 2010

laptop

I really, really like the laptop. It's so convenient to be able to sit on the couch with girlies all around. But. . . . I'm considering contacting Stephen King with an idea for a new book.

It mocks me. From the time it hid the opener button it has mocked me. Sometimes I'm afraid of it. Like when the cursor kept going in the opposite direction than I was moving the mouse. I know I didn't all on my own use the mouse upside down. I never ever did that before. I think maybe the webcam is watching me and making me do stupid things.

Then there's the matter of files. Somehow Nancy's folder is still on here, and when I download things they go into that folder. That wouldn't really be a problem if I could find the freaking folder, but I can't.

Sometimes I spend hours accomplishing something. I get obsessive when I can't do something I want to do and can't stop. So, I think I've finally done something, experience a moment of pride, and shut down. The next time I turn it on it's all gone. Two days I spent on Dell Dock. It's finally fixed, and I probably shouldn't have mentioned it since it will probably get undone.

I wonder if Stephen King shares royalties. Or maybe just the idea that everyone is now afraid of their computers might be payment enough.

___________________________-

I just watched some baseball clips from last season and had a thought. I don't think I should watch or listen to any games on this laptop next season. I bet every time the Yankees lose there will be a huge yellow smiley face on the screen when I click on exit when the game is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment