I tried to be good. I peeked in the gift bag with PJ bottoms. They were just covered with tissue so it's not like I opened it or anything. Just wanted to see the color. Then there were the books. I didn't peek at one of them. Helped to know what books they were though. Otherwise I probably would have. Same for the engagement book - I get one every year. I did look at the lipsticks, even though I knew what they were, just to make sure they were the right colors. The package with what felt like handles. Yep, I opened one end, and a clever person had wrapped it twice. So I had to work harder to see what it was. Didn't have a clue. A potato masher and a zester, which I had mentioned I had been looking for. Wrapped them back up very carefully.
So, one package I left alone except for listening to something slide back and forth. I knew the contents weren't wrapped, so I left it in the postal box it came in. When I told the sender I had received it, she said she was still waiting for another order, and it got closer and closer to the holidays and she still didn't get it. On Christmas Eve, I finally opened the box, and both orders were in it. If I had peeked earlier, I would have known that and could have sent the rest on. But, grown up that I am, I didn't do that. Of course, it would have caused such a moral dilemma. Should I admit that I opened it early or keep my mouth shut. Hmmmm. Don't know about that.
I've decided that the lesson learned is that you should always, always peek and pretend you didn't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment