Thursday, July 16, 2009

I can't take it

I have more work to do and can hardly keep my eyes open. Please make it stop.

I get in bed and know that it's only a matter of minutes before Molly arrives. Can she jump delicately on the bed? Oh, no, it's kaboom, skid, here I am. Then the walking and kneading begin - on me. Back and forth, back and forth, stopping to knead along the way. She'd be great at a job for a pain specialist to find trigger points. Then she settles down, stretching out on my arm and shoulder as I lie on my side, with her head at my ear, purring as loud as she can. Then comes the paw stretched out on my face. Last night she had a paw in my ear with an occasional prick, all the while smiling sweetly and purring away. Sometimes she goes away for awhile but she always comes back, usually just as I've gone to sleep. I'm being tortured. I wish she'd go back to knocking lamps over in the middle of the night. Climbing curtains would be good, too. Anything but this.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh. I suggest snuggling with her. That ought to send her flying into the other room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried it, and it doesn't work. She squirms away and then continues to walk on me.

    ReplyDelete